6/11/2008

Amy Stein



"We at once seek connection with the mystery and freedom of the natural world, yet we continually strive to tame the wild around us and compulsively control the wild within our own nature."

Amy's work stopped me in my tracks this morning. I think she's really mastered the delicate proportion, not too much and not too little. She gives you the cast of characters but she doesn't flesh out the narrative entirely. She leaves the fun part for you! Don't they feel like dioramas set in the real world? God knows I love me a diorama.



I mean look that this one. Look at this little flash of brilliance...the way the fence obscures the expression of the girl...it just slays me. She can stay in this moment of terror forever now because of that little move.

Anyways, if her "Domesticated" series isn't enough to convince you of her awesomeness, might I direct you to a few other series that you can all collectively lose your shit to...

Stranded


Halloween in Harlem


Add her to the "she just does it for me" list.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home